Sigma 7 servo motors and drives from Yaskawa
The Sigma range of servos from Yaskawa is now in its seventh generation and has continued to develop using a powerful combination
of experience, customer feedback and new technology. We believe that Sigma-7 delivers the optimal solution.
The development of the new Sigma-7 range focused on three main goals: consistently fast commissioning, high production output and maximum operational reliability. The range offers a powerful response to today‘s market requirements for both machine constructors and final customers in manufacturing industry. Sigma-7 offers particularly great potential for packaging plants, semiconductor manufacturing, wood processing and digital printing machines.
FeaturesComprehensive motor and amplifier range
- Very compact motors from 50W to 15kW
- Linear motors iron core and ironless with a peak force up to 7560N
Saving through performance
- Speed loop bandwidth of 3.1kHz give shorter settling times, reduced positioning times and therefore higher throughput.
- High peak torque, fast acceleration mean no need to oversize amplifiers and higher performance
- Light weight mechanics saves energy
- No additional cooling required with ambient temperatures of -5 to +55°C (60°C possible with derating)
- Overload 350% of 3 to 5 seconds
A safer working environment
- Straight forward integration of mandatory legal safety standards
- The STO function is implemented by default in all Sigma-7 series servo amplifiers
- Sigma-7 Satisfies the requirements of SIL 3 and PL-e
- Safety functions SS1, SS2 and SLS are inetgrated using the safety module SGDV-OSA01A
High efficiency and high accuracy
- Optimised magnetic circuits improves motor efficency
- Improved motor efficiency reduces heat generation by 20%
- 24 bit absolute encoder provides 16 million pulses per revolution for extremely precise positioning
- Ripple compensation for high demanding smooth and dynamic applications
...And of course outstanding reliability from Yaskawa
- More than 9,000,000 servo systems in the field
- reduce your machine down time and maintenance costs - increase your productive capacity
The Sigma-7 series consists of a range of servo motors either linear motors, direct drive hollow shaft motors or standard shaft motors. To combine with these motors are a choice of Servopack drives available as a single motor amplifier or a cost effecive, space saving double axis amplifier. Click the tabs below to learn about the different products.